Slide Peak ( 7841’ )
( Location: San
Bernardino County, about 4 miles east of Running Springs,
87 miles from Los
Date : Aug 09, 2017 19:17 ~ 20:02 ( 45 min )
Course : Trailhead ( 19:17; 7518’ ) ~
Summit ( 19:36; 0.8 Mile; 7841’ ) ~
Trailhead ( 20:02; 1.6 Miles; 434’ Gain )
With : Sierra Club HPS Team ( Leader : Peter & Ignacia Doggett, Jinoak Chung ) 6 Members
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Drive east on I-10 to I-215.
- Go north on I-215 to SR 210.
- Go east on SR 210 to SR 330.
- Go north on SR 330 to Running
Springs. Continue towards Big Bear on SR 18.
- Go 1.0 miles to the paved Keller
Peak Road, 1N96, on the right (south). Turn right. Note your odometer and
go as follows:
- At 0.5 mile, fork with dirt road to the right. This is the
turnoff for Mill
Peak. Keep left.
- At 4.0 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 4.2 miles, the road passes
through a gully. Park here. Parking is limited.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (7380'),
hike east up the gully to the top of the ridge.
- Turn left and hike northeast up
the ridge to a fence.
- Pass under the fence and continue
to a road.
- Turn right on the road and follow
it through two switchbacks up to the summit. The register is in the
rockpile behind the ski lift tower.